Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shows # 25 & 26

Another 2fer tonight! And Team Jesus was back in full effect! Heather carpooled with me and it was good to catch up. I'd definitely missed her. And she let me drive tonight, which was a big step for us. So I picked her up and we headed to...
Show # 25: Pepperbelly's, Fairfield, CA. Best possible scenario tonight at Pepperbelly's. Heather and I got up 1st and 2nd respectively, and both of us did a damn good job tonight warming up the crowd I think. I've been working on this set about the future and some Billy Mays jokes and it has been killing. Then we got outta there quick. Before we left though, Victor was kind enough to tell me the work has been paying off. I tried real quick to get in the showcase this month but its the weekend i'm in San Diego. Oh, well. There will be more. Anyways, on to...
Show # 26: McGrath's Pub, Alameda, CA. Another badass Justin Harrison room! Although OJ was hosting tonight and he did a damn fine job. He set up balloons and streamers and shit. He was tumbling around. It was a fun vibe. And had a friggin' awesome set. I did my mouthchipping a can of Pringles joke, and out of nowhere, someone at the bar throws a minican of Pringles at me. So I mouthchipped it. It made a hell of a mess, but it was comedy gold! I'm gonna have to plant a Pringles thrower at every show now. I thought at first I'd missed the record button, which was heartbreaking, but I got home and there was the footage. The whole thing just goes to show, if there is a god, he definitely a comic. And big news people. Guess who's going back to The Purple Onion! Aug. 19th! Thursday! Big Al's show. He was there tonight so I talked to him and got a spot. I've been wanting to get into a Big Al show for a while, a: cause he's funny, and b: If there's a food chain of the Bay Area comedy scene, Big Al is pretty close to the top of it. Definitely a man whose radar its good to be on. And on that note. Later.
Favorite line of the night: "Dream come true guys! I'm gonna woodchip this can of Pringles." - Yeah I quoted me. So what?

No comments:

Post a Comment